Powered by Blogger.

A Body Shop Haul


Happy 2018 everyone! I hope you are all starting to feel a little more motivated now after the struggle of getting back to normality. I'm finally feeling ready to get back into blogging after a longer than expected break in December, and have lots of posts planned already!
As you may be aware from my Instagram or Twitter pages, I recently moved house so have struggled to keep up with my blog and social channels, and had no option but to desert them for a short while. I did want to get a few posts out at the end of December such as 'brands I've discovered in 2017' and 'New Years Eve makeup picks' to sort of round up my year of blogging, but unfortunately it didn't work out which I'm a little sad about, but I now have a lovely new home instead. So I'm not too sad really!


So my first post of the year is a Body Shop Haul. It was technically a Christmas present from my Brother, but as he currently lives in Perth (Australia) he sent me the money to get some things from there, so I went and picked out everything myself. I only went last week and there were lots of things on sale, but I only ended up getting one thing at a discounted price. I got 3 products on a 3 for 2 offer and 1 full priced item too.

The main thing I was after from there was the Himalayan Charcoal Mask. I've been through a jar of it already and I've been meaning to get another for a while (I do actually have a review of it here). I love how fresh and polished it makes my skin feel, it's the best mask I've tried from them. This originally used to be priced at either £14 or £15 but has now increased to £17 which is not cool. I'm guessing because it's been so popular, but it wasn't going to stop me getting it again anyway.

On the 3 for 2 offer I picked up the Matte Clay Skin Clarifying Foundation. I've heard good things about it already, and with it being a matte formula it sounded like I would get on well with it. It also claims to be 'skin clarifying' which is interesting. I got the second to lightest shade, 012 Kaili Azalea, as the palest looked really pale (which is good!) so I thought it looked like a slightly better match. This is priced at £10 which is reasonable for a drugstore foundation.
Secondly I couldn't resist picking up the Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder. The compact packaging is so nice and the honeycomb pattern on the product is really cute. I got the palest shade in this as I've heard it's a good cool-toned shade for paler skin tones. I did a little swatch in store and it felt so buttery!
For my free item I got another Matte Lip Liquid in one of the new shades Lisbon Freesia - a light beige nude. I did want Vienna Tulip really but there wasn't any left on the shelf so opted for this slightly lighter shade instead. I don't usually go this light with nude shades but I thought it might look nice with a slightly darker nude lip liner. I love the formula of these for more natural and comfortable makeup looks, my fave shade from the range is Windsor Rose which is a dusky brown nude.


In the sale I got the Vanilla Chai Bath Foam for £5, which is originally £10 on its own. I got loads of bath bombs for Christmas (finally have a bath in my new house) so I wanted some bubbles to go with them. The whole Vanilla Chai range was on offer as well as Frosted Berries as they're both special edition Christmas ranges - should of picked one of each up really!

The total of my little haul came to £46 but I coincidentally had a £5 voucher on my Body Shop card, so I paid £41. Not too bad for 5 products! I'm looking forward to seeing how the new products work out for me, and I'll be writing a review of the foundation in a few weeks too so keep your eyes peeled for that if it's something you're interested in trying.



Did you get anything in The Body Shop sale?

Cally x




Remember you can keep up to date with my posts here:


Bloglovin | Instagram  | Twitter | Pinterest

No comments