Powered by Blogger.

The Blogger Diaries | Friday Faye


Today I'm very excited to be talking to the lovely Faye from Friday Faye! Most known for her perfectly constructed flatlays and pretty pink backdrops, I'm sure I'm not the only one in saying her photos kill me everytime I see them. Faye's collection of beauty products is the absolute dream, yet she still somehow manages to make them look even prettier than they already are. I would say that Faye is quite a big inspiration amongst other bloggers so I'm delighted to be able to share a bit more about the person behind the blog!


What first attracted you to join the blogging world?
I started reading beauty blogs frequently back in 2010, but it took me 6 years to pluck up the confidence to start one myself. As the years passed I considered it more and more, but I would always talk myself out of it, because I was convinced that it was 'too late' and that there were enough bloggers in the industry already. Then one day, last October, I just decided to pick up my camera and take a flatlay shot, with some of my new makeup scattered over my pink scarf, and I loved it! That's when I realised it didn't matter if anyone saw what I created, the buzz I felt from just taking photos was enough for me, so I made myself an Instagram account, which eventually lead to me starting a blog.

How do you find inspiration for your blog posts?
Usually I just write the kinds of posts that I like to read, so if I think to myself 'I would love to know that persons haircare routine' then I'll write that post myself. I read lots and lots of blogs that inspire me, but often it's more photography inspiration than actual post ideas that I take from them.

Which are your most popular blog posts?
I don't look at my analytics very much (I know, bad blogger) but my photography tips posts seem to be quite well received, which is probably because my blog is so photography heavy.

If anything, what has blogging taught you so far?
I've learned that blogging isn't as easy as it first seems! Coming up with fresh ideas can be tricky, and then you need to capture the perfect images and write in a way which is both conversational and approachable, but also gives enough information about the products. I didn't expect that it would take over my life in the way that it has, and now I just want to keep getting better at it.

In an average month, how much would you normally spend on beauty products?
Way too much, I can't even tell you how much because I don't add up the costs, which is a big problem! I'm working on getting my makeup spending under control.

What would you say is the best brand you've discovered through blogging?
Too Faced. Unbelievably I had never even heard of Too Faced until 10 month ago, but I kept seeing it popping up on people's feeds and blogs, so I decided to pick up the 'Papa Don't Peach' blush, and it instantly became my favourite blush of all time. Now I'm hooked!

If you could only use one high end and one drugstore brand, which would you choose?
My high end pick is an obvious one ... of course it's Charlotte Tilbury. I just love everything about the brand, from the beautiful packaging to the high quality formulas of the products, I have never yet been disappointed. Plus I couldn't imagine life without half of my lipstick collection!
My drugstore brand would have to be Bourjois, because their Healthy Mix foundation is my go-to summer base, and I love their concealers too.

On an average morning, how long would you spend getting ready?
I have a really long commute to work and I start at 8.30am, so I have to be out of the door before 7 everyday. For that reason, I have mastered the art of getting ready really, really quickly. I can do my makeup (including a full coverage base and eyeliner) in less than 8 minutes when I need to.

What would you say is your biggest achievement so far when it comes to blogging?
Probably being nominated for a Bloggers Blog award! I still can't believe that anyone took the time to enter my name, it's boosted my confidence so much. Even if I don't win the award, I'm so happy and flattered to have even been considered.

Do you have any tips on how to run a successful blog?
Write from the heart, and make sure the photography compliments your words. If something doesn't feel right, don't rush to publish the post, come back to it in a few days with fresh eyes.





Remember you can keep up to date with my posts here:


Bloglovin | Instagram  | Twitter | Pinterest

No comments