Powered by Blogger.

Discovering The Ordinary


A few weeks ago I made a little Asos order and couldn't miss the opportunity to pick up some products from The Ordinary. I've seen them everywhere lately and for such an affordable price, I'm not going to say no am I!

The Ordinary are relatively new to the blogging scene, but have already made a big impression. Their products offer affordable and 'effective clinical formulations' and have a variety of products which include different types of acids and oils. The brand is also cruelty free and only uses organic ingredients.

I have quite troublesome skin which can sometimes react to products so I opted for the ones which are formulated for spot-prone or oily skin. A few people recommend I tried the liquid peel - which did sound amazing but I thought it might be a bit too harsh for me. So to start off with I went for some slightly lighter options:

High-Adherence Silicone Primer
This is a silicone-based formula, which isn't necessarily thick but is on the thicker side compared to my usual primers. It kind of reminds me of the Benefit Porefessional primer except it feels slightly more moisturising when smoothing into the skin. You can really tell when applying this that it's actually smoothing the skins surface rather than just sinking into it. It doesn't leave a tacky texture but instead a smooth and velvety base which I'm really loving at the minute. It was kind of love at first use with this and my opinions haven't changed from the first use to now. It makes an amazing canvas for makeup application and also locks in oil, meaning minimal touch ups throughout the day. I highly recommend this primer if you haven't tried it already!

100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil
I briefly spoke about this product in my recent post The Rose Skincare Edit. I've not been totally blown away by this oil which I was kind of expecting to be, but saying this, I've still been using it most nights as the last step in my skincare routine as it's insanely nourishing and soothing. I definitely feel fresher and brighter after using it - so it must be doing something right! It sounds silly but what disappoints me about it is that it doesn't smell like rose. I like the calming scent that usually comes with rose-based products so I can smell and feel like it's working. It's a good facial oil don't get me wrong, I just don't know if I will repurchase this, but we shall see!

Salicylic Acid 2% Solution 
I'm very partial to a spot treatment and I've never actually tried one with acid before. This is a clear, almost serum-like liquid which comes with a pipette style lid (as does the oil) for ease of use. When I first started trying this my skin had just had a massive freak out and was in a pretty bad way. For the first few days I applied on affected areas in both the morning and evening as suggested and then reduced to just the evenings after I started seeing results. I found this to dry the spots out and I'd wake up with flakey skin around the area but this just let me know that it was healing. After about a week of use the skin stopped flaking and started to repair, with the spots significantly reduced. This came at a really great time for me as it rescued my skin in just a week. I'm really enjoying this, I just wish I didn't have to apply spot treatments as regularly as I do!

I'm actually really pleased with my purchases as a whole and very glad that I discovered the brand. I love the professional feel to the products and the packaging looks so sleek sat amongst my skincare. I'll definitely be trying more products out and I can especially see the silicone primer being my new favourite!


Have you tried The Ordinary yet? 



Remember you can keep up to date with my posts here:


Bloglovin | Instagram  | Twitter | Pinterest

No comments