Powered by Blogger.

Natural Beauty Picks


With the holiday season fast approaching I've been thinking about which products I can sport around in the sunshine that won't make me look overly-done. No one wants a full face of heavy makeup through the summer as it just doesn't bode well with humidity, so this summer I'm going to try and embrace the minimal looks with the help of some of these products;

Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer 
I've been using this almost every day since picking it up last month in Venice. It does a really good job at covering and concealing blemishes but looking and feeling weightless at the same time. I mainly use this under my foundation as it helps my base to look flawless yet as natural as can be. The coverage is a good medium and would even work well on its own with no foundation required as it blends in seemlessly.

L'Oréal True Match Foundation
This is my ultimate minimal makeup foundation. For lazy days in or when I can't be bothered putting much effort in, this is the base I'll always go for. It has a really light and blendable formula with surprisingly good coverage as well. If you hold the bottle in the light you can see a pearlescent sheen to it which is so pretty. I think what makes it look so natural looking is the shade match, as mine's pretty spot on for my natural skin tone, but there's such a broad range of shades to choose from too.



e.l.f Cosmetics Baked Highlighter in ' Moonlight Pearls'
This is one of my most recent purchases after the brand announced it was being stocked in Superdrug stores. I'd heard about it having this top layer that you had to get off before actually getting some pay off from the product which I was a bit apprehensive about. This did happen with mine, but once I got through it, the formula was so natural and radiant looking on the skin! This is perfect for a subtle glow without looking overly highlighted, which is great for pale skin tones this summer.

e.l.f Cosmetics bronzer palette
Again, perfect for pale skin tones is this cool-toned bronzer palette. It includes 4 shades, 2 of which have a matte finish and 2 a bronzed shimmer. Like the highlighter, it comes of really natural so there's no need to worry about over doing it or it going orange and patchy. You can really pull off the 'no makeup' makeup look with these light and subtle shades.


Burt's Bees Lipstick in 'Blush Basin'
No look is complete without lipstick but this one is a more natural option for the more minimal looks. It has a hydrating, almost lip balm feel to it which sits comfortably on the lips for hours. It adds a nice wash of colour that really does look natural on, without coming off too bold or opaque.



Swatches from top to bottom;

e.l.f Baked Highlighter in 'Moonlight Pearls'
e.l.f Bronzer Palette
Burt's Bees Lipstick in 'Blush Basin'



What are your natural beauty picks?



Remember you can keep up to date with my posts here:


No comments