Powered by Blogger.

Discovering Fresh Naturals


A few weeks ago I contacted a small brand called Fresh Naturals to try out some of their 100% natural and hand made products. I was delighted with the response I got and after discussing my current skincare routine, skin type and what I was looking to achieve, I was sent a very lovely bundle of goodies to test out. I was given lots of helpful tips and advice on what products would help my specific skin concerns best as well as how to use the products.


The product I was most excited about trying was the Clay Face Duo* as I've recently been getting into using cleansers, creamy ones especially. So this one can be used as a cleanser as well as a clay mask which is really handy, but I've mainly been using as a cleanser. I much prefer creamy cleansers as they feel softer on the skin and this one doesn't disappoint, with its smooth texture and fresh and fruity scent. I use my Clinique Sonic System Cleansing Brush with this and will dip it straight in and then work into my skin. I've been doing this every evening for around 3 weeks now and I'm obsessed with the results.
When using as a face mask it isn't drying in the slightest like some clay masks can be. It stays creamy while it settles which makes it easier when it comes to washing off too! I really love how it can be used for different purposes. I want to try another scent now as my tub is almost empty!

In the back there you can see the So Wild Soap* which is actually for facial use - this particular one tackles oily, spot prone skin. It creates a creamy lather and provides a gentle exfoliation too with the help of the rosemary herbs inside. I love how natural it looks, smells and feels, it really makes me feel good about using it on my troublesome skin.
I was also sent a little Handmade Lip Balm Pot* in the scent apple which is really lovely - it kind of reminds me of apple cider! It's super nourishing and there are a variety of tasty scents to choose from. 


As I have oily skin I've always been hesitant to use or even try oils on my face. Some people say it's bad and others say it's good, so I really hadn't a clue what to think. When discussing this issue with Fliss via email, I was advised to try out the Natural Repair Oil*. She suggested I used a couple of drops in my evening routine and to see how I got on. The first time I used it, it felt strange putting oil on my face but it did instantly feel nourished. It's got a lovely natural, calming scent and I quickly began to love it. Again, I've been using this almost everyday for the past 3 weeks or so and I have actually seen really great results. My skin feels softer, surprisingly not as oily, but most of all it's really helped to calm my spots down and keep them away.
It can also be used in your hair to tame any frizz or fly aways. I've only used it a few times this way but it does make my hair easier to style and helps it to stay in place too! As I have fine hair I can't use too much but it would be perfect for thick or frizz-prone hair, especially in the summer!

Another great multi purpose product is the Lavender & Rosehip* Shampoo, Shower Gel and Face Wash. This particular one is formulated for dry hair and skin with it's essential fatty acids and healing properties. It has a thick, gel consistency which lathers up beautifully. It has such a calming scent and I love using these kinds of natural fragrances on my skin. There are some other really lovely scents to choose from such as coconut and sweet cherry, catering to all skin types from normal to sensitive.


Now onto body products, I was sent this amazingly scented Vanilla & Coffee Bean Lotion Bar* which comes as a solid bar. I'd never tried a lotion bar before so was intrigued to see how it worked compared to liquid moisturiser. You simply rub it into your skin and the warmth of your body slowly melts it. It's super rich and nourishing, and leaves your skin feeling amazing. The only downside to this is that as you are rubbing it onto your skin it can pick up hairs and other bits which will stick to the bar. It's a really good idea for travelling though when you're restricted on liquids!

I also have this super refreshing Lemongrass Moisturising Body Butter* which has a really light consistency which soaks right into the skin, leaving it smelling all fresh and zingy. I don't usually like lemon-scented things to be honest but this reminds me of lemon meringues and smells good enough to eat. You can really tell it's a natural and handmade butter which makes it even better as you know you're putting nothing but goodness onto your skin.



Have you ever tried anything from Fresh Naturals?

Use my code CALLY20 for 20% off anything on their website

Items marked with (*) were gifted to me for consideration.



Remember you can keep up to date with my posts here:


No comments