Powered by Blogger.

Trying out Charlotte Tilbury's Magic Foundation


I've never actually tried anything from Charlotte Tilbury (sad, I know) so I decided to pick up a little sample of the Magic Foundation at my local Selfridges store after hearing loads about it. I've read from several blogs that it makes your skin look amazing, that the coverage is full and that it's even some peoples 'Holy Grail' foundation - which must really say something.

So I was given this small sachet in shade 2. Naturally I'm usually the palest shade in foundation, and have a neutral/pink undertone. You can't actually see the foundation colour through the sachet but on the Charlotte Tilbury Website website it says '2 is a pink-beige for very fair skin tones with cool undertones' which sounds about right. The foundation claims to have 'flawless, poreless, long-lasting coverage' which sounds like the kind of thing I normally look for. Here are my first impressions of it -

Formula
The formula wasn't thick but did have a dense consistency to it. It was fairly light on the skin and blended well with my damp beauty sponge. I was quite suprised as I was expecting it to be really sheer and glowy, but instead seemed to apply with a natural matte finish. It reminded me of Estee Lauders Double Wear as it was quick-drying so I had to work fast.

Coverage
I found the coverage to be quite good, I'd say about a solid medium amount once built up. I used along side the Collection Lasting Perfecting concealer and the coverage combined was really good. It worked fairly well covering up blemishes but did need the concealer to totally conceal certain areas.

Wear
The wear on this unfortunately only lasted a few hours. It probably could of stayed on longer but I was itching to get it off after around 6. I noticed it creasing and exaggerating my usually barely visible lines as well as sinking into pores. It did become oily-looking after around the 2 hour mark and was a little hard to touch up.

Overall after a couple of uses my pros of the foundation are that the shades are impressive and cater to a wide range of tones from light to dark, my particular shade was pretty much a perfect match! The coverage is buildable and can go from medium to full with the help of a good concealer and is fairly easy to blend into the skin. It also had a nice radiant finish and looked pretty impressive on.
The cons however are slightly weighing up, as although the formula was blendable I find it dries quite quickly so you have to work equally as quick. It did become tacky as the minutes passed which as a result made it a little difficult to add concealer on top. Although it looked great when it was first applied, as the hours passed it became shiny and I could really feel it on my skin. I also noticed lots of what looked like tiny pin pricks all around my mouth and cheek area, meaning it was sinking into my pores. Disappointing for a foundation that claims to do anything but this.

I'm glad I gave it a shot however this time this magical foundation has to be a no from me. It wasn't half as long lasting as I'd expected and hoped it to be, and it enchanced every pore and line on my skin which made me feel self conscious. As I have oily skin I don't think it was best suited to me, but I think it would work on normal/combination skin.


Have you tried this foundation? How did you find it?


Remember you can keep up to date with my posts here:


No comments