Powered by Blogger.

Chewy White Chocolate Chip Cookies | Recipe


So on the weekend I had an urge to make my own chewy, white chocolate chip cookies. You know the type - deliciously soft to bite, sweet-tasting and very much moreish. I heard that the secret to the perfect chewiness was soft brown sugar, so I headed straight for the baking aisle and grabbed myself a bag.

As I'd never baked them before it was a bit of trial and error making these, and the ones pictured were actually my third attempt. I started out with the oven at 170 and leaving them in for 12 minutes, but gradually reduced both of these factors to get the perfect bake.

The final batch ended up just as I hoped they would - super soft, tasty and really sweet! They definitely came close to the likes of Millie's Cookies and other chewy bakery cookies! Unfortunately I only had 6 of the perfectly baked ones, and 12 rather hard, over-cooked ones. I definitely perfected my bake though and now know the perfect ingredients, proportions and timings for next time.


Here's how to make some of your own:

Ingredients:

170g Unsalted butter
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
100g Caster Sugar
200g Soft Brown Sugar
1 medium egg
1 medium egg yolk
250g Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
half tsp Salt
250g White chocolate chips

Method

1. Cube butter and melt in the microwave for 1-2 minutes and allow to cool.

2. Mix both the caster and the brown sugar together in a large mixing bowl, adding in the vanilla extract and butter once cooled.

3. Add the egg and egg yolk and whisk for about 5 minutes until mixture has lightened in colour.

4. Add in flour, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips and give it a further mix - it should be quite hard to mix by this point.

5. Put the mixture in the fridge for about 10 minutes to firm.

6. Preheat oven to 160 (fan) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.

7. Roll 6 cookie dough balls with a width no more than 4cm and evenly space out on the baking tray.

8. Cook for about 10 minutes - they should still feel soft to touch when you take them out. Allow to cool and set for a couple of minutes on the tray then transfer to a wire rack.

9. Add another batch to the oven and make as many as you wish!


Enjoy!


Remember you can keep up to date with my posts here:


No comments