Powered by Blogger.

The Everyday Makeup Routine | Step by Step


I'm definitely not the type of person who can just throw on some mascara and be ready to go, although I would love to be. My everyday makeup routine consists of a full (but not heavy) face, and a good 45 minutes spent perfecting it. I always find it interesting hearing about other peoples routines and the order in which they do it in, so today I'm sharing my steps.

Concealer
So the very first thing I go to is my eyelids. Some people use eyelid primer but I like to use concealer as it's pretty much the same thing. At the moment I'm using the Rimmel Match Perfection Comcealer daily as it's really brightening, even for my pale skin. I'm thinking about moving over to the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer when this runs out as I haven't tried it yet. Anyway, I will just blend this out with the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and then set with which ever powder I'm using on my face on the day.

Eyeshadow
You may be able to gather that I like to do my eyes before my face. I just find this much easier, as this way I can wipe away any fallout as well as be able to rest my hand on my face for support. My current go-to palette is the Laura Geller The Delectables Eyeshadow Palette (read a review on it here) which has lovely soft and neutral shades. I will highlight my brow bone with a fair shade, usually a satin to make it glowy, then add a matte transition shade to the crease and a satin shade all over the lid with a damp brush.

Eyebrows
Once my eyes are complete and blended out using the Zoeva Soft Definer Brush, I will do my eyebrows with the Wing Liner Brush. At the minute I'm actually using eyeshadow to fill my brows in because it looks more natural, but usually I would use the NYX Micro Brow Pencil, or Brow Pomade (which I need to re buy). Once filled in I will use the spoolie brush on the end of the NYX pencil to brush and blend everything out to make it look super natural and not too bold.

Mascara
I will only do my top lashes at this point, as I always save the bottom ones until the very last thing I do! Right now I'm using the Maybelline Lash Sensational Luscious Mascara which is volumising and very blackening - just what I like. I will give them a couple of coats ensuring I get right in the inner and outer corners to really open the eyes up.

Primer
Before applying any face products I apply a pea sized amount of primer. I always use the L'Oreal Infalliable Matte Primer as I can trust it to keep oil at bay throughout the day. I spread this on both cheeks, my chin and forehead. Sometimes I like to do this and then do something else to let it set for a few minutes, but most of the time I want to get everything done as quick as I can.

Concealer
Next I move back on to concealer, but this time for my face. I will lightly cover up any spots or redness I have then apply it on the outside edges of my eyebrows to shape and sharpen. I blend this out again with the damp Miracle Complexion Sponge making sure I've got a light coverage ready for my base.

Foundation
This is one of my favourite parts of makeup application, I find it really satisfying to blend! I use the L'Oreal Infalliable Matte Foundation most days as I know I can rely on it to last long as well as mattify my skin. Again I use the same sponge to blend this all out, I'm really not into using brushes for foundation. I will do one side of the face at a time, followed by forehead and then add extra coverage wherever needed. I also slightly go down the neck, unless I have a tan then I don't find I need to.

Concealer
Yes I love to use concealer! This time it's used for highliting and I will take the same one and apply some on my chin, underneath the cheekbones, then draw 2 big triangles under my eyes and a small one in between my eyebrows. Then you guessed it, blend blend blend. I don't do any contouring or use any other liquid products at this stage, I much prefer to use powder products once I've set my face.

Powder
Next up I like to wipe off any excess concealer from my sponge and then go ahead and swipe it right into the powder. I'm loving the L'Oreal Infalliable Powder Compact at the minute as it adds a bit of coverage as well as setting everything in place. Firstly I press it under the eyes, then the chin, and then the forehead. Basically anywhere that gets oily for me as I find this method really helps to keep oil at bay. I'll then go over the whole face with a big fluffy brush and make sure everything's set.

Bronze, Blush & Highlight 
Firstly I lightly carve out my cheekbones with bronzer and bring it up towards the ears and the hairline, this just helps it to blend in more. I love the Soap & Glory Solar Powder Bronzer as it's cool-toned and doesn't come off patchy or too orange. I then add a quick flush of colour to the cheeks, most of the time using the Kiko Colour Veil Blush as it smells so good. Finishing off with some highlighter on my Cupid's bow, down the bridge of the nose and the inner corners of the eyes. I love the Makeup Revolution Ultra Glow palette as the formula is really soft and illuminating.

Lipstick
I'm all about the grab it and go lipstick, I don't have time to be perfecting the pout especially before work so I'll usually grab the Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick which I absolutely love. I'll quickly apply this, then blot with tissue. I also love using liquid lipsticks as they're so easy to swipe on and set almost instantly.

Finishing Touches
To finish off I always set my face using a setting spray, more likely than not it will be the NYX Matte Setting Spray. I spritz a few times, wait for it to dry and then do my bottom lashes with mascara. I find as I have long bottom lashes that if I do the mascara first it dampens the formula and transfers onto my undereyes so doing it last prevents any mis-haps. Little beauty hack for you there!


What's your everyday routine?



Remember you can keep up to date with my posts here:


No comments