Powered by Blogger.

Laura Geller The Delectables Eyeshadow Palette in 'Delicious Shades of Nude' | Review & Swatches


What a mouthful that was. So the past couple of months I've been using this eyeshadow palette and you may have seen it appear it several photos, but I've never spoken too in depth about it. I'm just going to put it out there that I absolutely love it and use it very regularly, so this review is definitely a fully positive one!


Shades
There are 14 beautiful shades in this palette, 4 of which are matte and the rest a silky satin. The colours are fairly neutral, with a nice mix of cool and warm tones but generally have a nude, deep earthy theme running throughout them. There's definitely a shade for every occasion in here from everyday/natural to something a bit more bold and dramatic. Each shade has its own individual colour as well as personalised name, which in my opinion is what makes it much more appealing.

Pigmentation
When I first started using these eyeshadows my first thoughts were that they weren't very pigmented. As I went on to use them more frequently I began to realise that as it's a 'nude' palette, they are meant to come off really natural, which I now see is one of its charms. I love how soft they come off on the skin, which is perfect for everyday wear but they can also be much bolder when applied with a damp brush.

Packaging
This is packaged in a really light weight, card palette which includes a large mirror and brush inside. I personally don't use the brush but I never really do when they're included with a palette. There is no clasp or magnet at all with this which doesn't really affect me, but I know some people prefer a palette to be able to clip shut. Each dome-shaped shadow is individually placed with their names directly below. I really like the design of this, especially the way each shadow is shaped and framed individually.

This eyeshadow palette is definitely a winner for me with its soft and subtle shades, it's perfect for those glamorous everyday looks. Priced at £35 it's not the cheapest nor the most expensive on the market but definitely offers something a bit more unique visually than your everyday palette.


Top row swatches;

Créme
A fair satin shade perfect for highlighting

Dolce
A light nude satin shade

Hazlenut
A cool-toned matte brown perfect for the crease

Raisin
A cool-toned purple satin shade

Truffle
An earthy green-brown

Khaki
A khaki green with a gold shimmer

Forest
A deep green with flecks of red shimmer


Bottom row swatches;

Vanilla
A fair matte shade with yellow undertones

Mushroom
A cool-toned medium brown perfect for a transition shade

Honey
A warm-toned golden satin shade

Sunrise
A terracotta-orange satin shade

Vintage
A warm golden-orange

Brown sugar
A warm, brown satin shade

Mahogany
A deep, cool-toned matte brown with red undertones



These were swatched with a slightly damp brush to show a more pigmented version.
Have you ever tried this palette?


Remember you can keep up to date with my posts here:

Bloglovin | Instagram  | Twitter | Pinterest

No comments