Powered by Blogger.

Clinique Beyond Perfecting 2-in-1 Foundation and Concealer | Review


As I've mentioned this foundation in quite a few posts recently I thought it was about time I shared a full review on it. It's my current go-to when I'm after full coverage, yet still want that natural, radiant glow. This will mainly be on nights out, date nights or special occasions so I look dewy and glamorous.


Shades
The shade I have is 02 Alabaster, which isn't suited to my natural skin tone as it's quite dark (for people as pale as I am anyway) so I need to have a tan to wear it. I believe the shades go to as little as 0.5 and way up to around 28 so there is a good variation to suit fair to dark skin tones. There's a good balance between cool, neutral and warm tones in the shades but I would say the majority of them are neutral and warm. The shades are said to adapt to your skin tone for a more truer colour.

Coverage
As you can see from my swatch, the pigment is rich and the coverage is full with a fairly medium thickness in consistency. It doesn't dry too quickly on the skin so therefore blends easily and evenly. As this can be used both as a foundation and concealer, you can really build up coverage wherever you may need it which covers anything from dark circles to spots.

Finish
The finish on this foundation is somewhere inbetween a satin and matte finish. It's hydrating formula sits comfortably on the skin leaving a natural, glowy radiance which makes the complexion look flawless. It keeps its finish for hours without turning patchy or discoloured although will need touching up / blotting occasionally if you get oily like I do.

Packaging
The bottle is a rounded weighted glass with a stylish silver lid which screws on and off. Attached to the lid is a large wand which collects the product generously, allowing for minimal distribution as well as precise application when concealing smaller areas. I know a lot of people prefer a pump on their foundation bottles but I don't mind this one.



Since Clinique is owned by Estée Lauder I think that £25 for this foundation is an affordable price for such a good quality product. It's fairly similar to the Double Wear foundation in terms of coverage but has a more natural finish, so could be a slightly cheaper alternative. This foundation is best suited to combination or dry skin as it's both moisturising yet matte. It's also perfect for uneven skin tones and acne/blemish prone skin due to its dermitalogically tested formula as well as its high pigmentation. It's both long lasting and fairly priced so would make a good 'high end' foundation for someone on a budget.




Have you tried this foundation?



Remember you can keep up to date with my posts here:

Bloglovin | Instagram  | Twitter | Pinterest

No comments