Powered by Blogger.

Best in Beauty | 2016


Here are my best beauty finds from 2016! From discovering brands to finding singular products I now love, these have quickly become some of my favourites. All products shown have only been part of my collection for 12 months or less, but have all impressed me in some way.

Makeup

Kiko Cream Crush Eyeshadows
I first discovered Kiko earlier this year after a store opened near by to me. The first products I bought were a couple of eyeshadows and a lipstick and after being impressed, wanted to try these creamy eyeshadows. These have quickly become 2 of my favourite eyeshadows in terms of formula and pigmentation, they're also really long lasting and blend surprisingly well too. I love the elegant glass pots they come in - makes them look even more high quality.



NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams
I first tried these earlier in the year as they became really popular and almost famous in 2016. I don't think I've heard a bad word about them, even now. I love having matte lips and the formula of these are creamy and comfortable without becoming too drying. They're so quick and easy for on the go, but look impressive on. The shade range is also amazing and there's no doubt you won't find a shade you like or suit.

Barry M Molten Metal Nail Paints
For some reason I was hesitant to try Barry M Nail Polishes as I presumed they were cheap and tacky (just being honest) but I knew a lot of bloggers love them, so I gave them a go. I first tried the Gelly Hi-Shine and the Sunset Nail Paints before discovering these. I would say  they are much better quality than the others from Barry M, as well as having much more appealing shades. The Rose Gold shade (Copper Mine) is now a firm favourite and regularly appears on my nails, I love it!


Zoeva Nude Spectrum Eyeshadow Palette
This is the first product from the brand Zoeva I've actually ever tried. I got to know the name early 2016 through blogging and reading posts on the Spectrum palettes. This particular palette stood out for me at the time more than the others for it's pretty but neutral shades, although all of the palettes look beautiful. I really love the formula of these eyeshadows, they're probably the creamiest and one of the most pigmented I've tried. They're also really affordable and well worth the money.



Clinique Beyond Perfecting 2-in-1 Foundation & Concealer
Again, this is the first makeup product from this brand I've ever tried. I just presumed Clinique was over priced and probably not even that good, until I came across this foundation. I first tried a sample of it along with a few other brands and this one stood out the most (even over Chanel), for it's full coverage and hydrating formula. I do love a good quality foundation that covers where you need it but doesn't feel too greasy on. I feel it's quite similar to the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation but I'd say this is better. It has the quality of a high end product, but the price tag of a medium.

Mac Pro Longwear Concealer
I really wanted to try this concealer as I'd been reading good things about it, plus my skin wasn't so great and wanted something high quality. I was really impressed with this as it was full coverage, had a kind of matte finish to it and was very long lasting. I'd love to use this everyday if it wasn't £18 a bottle. Saying that, it lasted me around 2 months and I was using it regularly - a little went a really long way with this, which can't be said for a lot of cheaper options.

Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder
Around the middle of 2016 I saw a lot of Vichy cropping up so I decided to try out the Dermablend foundation along with the setting powder which was advised to use with it. The powder stood out for me the most and I was really enjoying using it to 'set' and 'bake' my makeup, particulary under my eyes. It managed to set as well as provide a light coverage but didn't come off white on the skin. I think it's a really good quality setting powder and especially good for full face glam looks.


Skincare

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
Another brand which I discovered through blogging was Mario Badescu, and the first product I had to try was the drying lotion. It took a while to get used to it and use it right but once I did I loved it. It's really useful for those large, above the surface spots and will target them overnight. It's now a regular in my evening skincare routine and am now on my second bottle! I've also just began trying out a few new products from the brand which I'm looking forward to writing about.

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo
This product became so popular in 2016. I'd never heard of the brand and I'd never seen anything about any other of their products but this. When I read about how good it was I couldn't help but want to try it. If you aren't aware of what it is, it's a moistursing cream which helps the appearance of imperfections on your face, including blemishes and dark spots. It took a while to work for me but eventually I can actually say it made a difference, and I loved the results it gave me.

The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask
I've only had this less than a month so it's still a very new product for me but I wanted to include it in here. Compared to the other standard face masks from The Body Shop (Tea Tree, Seaweed etc) this left my skin feeling like no other. With other masks they leave your skin feeling good, but this was actually amazing. It brings all the dirt and grime out of your pores and cleanses and purifies. Your skin feels like new afterwards.


From top to bottom;

Kiko Cream Crush Eyeshadow in 05 Pearly Silver Rose

Kiko Cream Crush Eyeshadow in 06 Pearly Chocolate

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Cannes



What are your best finds of 2016? Let me know!

No comments