Powered by Blogger.

October Beauty Favourites


It's been a while since I've done a monthly favourites post so this one is definitley long overdue - I think my last one was July or August! I try to do one every month but sometimes I don't particularly use anything different to the previous month so don't want to seem repetitive. But, good news, lots of new products to talk about so I'll just jump right in:

Clinique Beyond Perfecting 2-in-1 Foundation & Concealer | £25
This product isn't pictured as I was making my way through a small sample pot to see what I thought before buying. I didn't' think I liked it at first as it felt really thick and looked kind of cakey on, but after getting used to its formula and applying it better, I began to love it. I used shade '02 Alabaster' which doesn't match my natural skin tone but went perfect with a tan. The shades are quite dark really since the second shade is me tanned - but I think they have lighter shades 01 and 0.5 available. The coverage is full, and actually works as a foundation and concealer unlike some others that claim to work as both. It leaves the skin healthy looking, neither matte nor dewy, but just right. It also lasts all day and I would definitely agree that it's perfecting! This is for sure my new replacement for Estée Lauder's Double Wear.

Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette | £32
I usually use this palette on Sundays for a minimalistic, natural look but lately I can't put it down. I particularly love the shade 'Push Up', which is a dusky-pink satin shade and will use this all over my lid with either matte shades 'Cashmere Bunny' Or 'Nudie' through the crease. The shades really do look natural on but with a touch of glamour at the same time. They blend effortlessly together and are overall really high quality shadows.

I've only been using this for a few weeks but I really like it! I did a mini review of it recently here with a couple of swatches. It's got a very fine tip which allows for precision, making sharp but natural shaped brows. I find it so much more natural looking than other brow products (pomades etc.) and can come off as light or dark as you want depending on pressure. There's a spoolie brush on the other end which is handy to even out the product in case it doesn't look natural enough. I think I'll be sticking with this for my brows from now on!

The Body Shop Matte Lip Liquid £6
If you read my recent post on these liquid lipsticks you'll know that I won the full set in a competition over on The Body Shop's Twitter page. Since I received 12 different shades I've been pretty much using just these on my lips all month, seeing which suit me the most. My favourite has been Windsor Rose (pictured) for everyday wear. I love how comfortable they are on the lips - a nice balance between a matte and velvety finish. I've been reaching for them a lot more than the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, but maybe that's because I've got a lot more to choose from.

L'Oréal Infalliable 24h Matte Powder |  £4.99
I decided since I use the Infalliable foundation a lot that I'd get the powder to match. I use the shade '123 Warm Vanilla' which despite it's name is actually quite light. The powder is soft and really locks my foundation in place, as well as adding extra coverage which I love. I've started applying powder with a beauty blender rather than a brush under my eyes and I find it works so much better. It also has a little mirror underneath the product which is handy!

Maybelline Superstay 24h Setting Spray | £6.99
The only reason I ended up with this setting spray was that my normal one (NYX matte) was out of stock. At first use I wasn't sure on it as the spray didn't seem as fine and sort of dried my face out a bit. Once I'd gotten used to the product and realised it needed a good shaking before use, I began to like it. It doesn't specify that it's mattifying but I feel like it could pass off as a matte spray. It does everything you need, locks your makeup in place all day and prevents oil.

Barry M Molten Metal Nail Paint shade 'Copper Mine' | £3.99
I picked up this nail varnish recently in 2 shades - Copper Mine and Bronzed Bae but this is my favourite from the two. It's a lovely rich, metallic copper shade with silver glitter particles which makes it look that bit more shimmery and metallic. I'm fairly surprised with this as I didn't expect to love it as much as I do. When this chips and my nails need re-doing I will just re-coat with this again, it's the perfect autumn shade!

This product has been one I couldn't make my mind up on as it didn't seem to do much but I've started using it more regularly now. I will apply as suggested with a cotton bud and dot the product directly onto blemishes on my face (basically my whole face ends up dotted) and I'll leave on over night. Although this doesn't get rid of spots overnight it does help to reduce them as well as any oil on and around them which leaves my face feeling really soft and oil-free. I find it also kind of whitens the redness and you wake up with much less than what you went to bed with. This is now a staple product in my night time routine.


What were your October favourites?


No comments