Powered by Blogger.

Vichy Dermablend Foundation & Setting Powder Review


The Vichy Dermablend range is one I never really looked into but had vaguely heard about. The expert range is formulated to cover and conceal imperfections ranging from mild to severe and is tested on and recommend for sensitive skin, which happened to be exactly what I was looking for.
I chose the Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation and Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder (which was recommended to use along side it) after reading such positive reviews on them both. It didn't take much persuading for me to buy it anyway. 

Setting Powder | £15
I'm going to talk about this first since it's been the most used out of the two.
This is a loose, translucent setting powder which is advised to use with the corrective foundation to pro long the wearing time. The formula is said to have a high tolerance in terms of hold without irritating or damaging the skin. I should also add that's it's non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic and reccomended by dermatologists.
After foundation and concealer, I will set my under eyes, chin, forehead and just under my cheekbones with the powder, leaving on for a minute or two then dusting off any remaining product. The powder is noticeably softer in comparison to my previous choice (Rimmel lasting finish) - I don't know whether this is because it's a loose powder rather than pressed as this is the first I've actually tried.
The product is said to not affect the colour of your foundation with it being a pure white powder, but I find that it slightly does - but not in a bad way. It simply freshens and brightens up the areas in which you set and I find that if my foundation is looking slightly dark or orange some days on my skin then this will help to correct it.
The main difference I noticed compared to my previous powder is that it doesn't leave your skin with that 'powder look' which can make your face look a little cakey and over-done. This is really light, soft and gentle and doesn't create any unwanted powdery-ness (made a word up) or annoying build ups, especially around spots. It also won't crease throughout the day around your eyes or mouth and doesn't require much touching up as its pretty long wearing.
I've used this with and without the Dermablend foundation and I think it works just as well with other products. Overall I'm very impressed with the formula, wearing time and the softening effect it has on my skin. I don't think I have anything negative to say aside the fact that it can get a little messy, but I can live with that. I can now see what the fuss is about with loose translucent powders!

Foundation | £18
This is a highly pigmented and full coverage foundation which has a wearing time of up to 16 hours which claims to achieve a flawless yet natural look. It includes an SPF (35) and is also non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic like the setting powder.
The foundation I've used slightly less as I found the colour even though the palest shade to be a little dark and yellow toned than what I'm used to. I can only really test this out when I've got tan on as it blends in well this way. I would say if you are fair skinned and don't use any form of self tan then the colouring won't be suitable for you. If you have a slightly warmer skin tone however then I don't think this will be an issue.
I found the consistency of the foundation to be just right, not too lightweight or dewy but not too thick at the same time. I read a few reviews that said it was a little thick and cakey, which after trying for myself I don't agree with. I found it blended very well, covering and concealing in all the right places leaving a soft, flawless base. I guess if you are used to using light or dewy foundations then this would be a little thicker in comparison, but comparing to medium-full coverage foundations it's quite light.
One of the other main factors that impressed me was the price, I imagined it to cost more in the £20-30 range and was fairly suprised. I actually got mine on offer from FeelUnique.com but they are both currently on offer at Boots. Really good value for a well rated, high end and full coverage foundation!


What do you think about these two products?



No comments